Gaston County has a population of about 190,000 residents.
The Association is composed of 26 Fire Departments Volunteer, Paid, Combination, and 2 Forestry Rangers.
The objectives of the association are:
· To coordinate the efforts of the fire departments in Gaston County
- To promote the formation of new departments
- To assist in the training of all volunteers departments
- To obtain standardization of equipment and supplies
- To coordinate maintenance supervision, and operate in various Gaston County Fire Departments
· To maintain liaison with the Gaston County Police Departments; The Board of Commissioners of Gaston County, and all other governmental agencies which may be willing or able to assist in the promotion of volunteer firefighting
· To assist in securing more and better equipment for all fire departments in Gaston County.
· To secure all firefighters benefits (both state and local) for all member firefighters and their families in all Gaston County Fire Departments.